For LASER and Glass Etch Processes
- Acceptable vector file formats for LASER and Glass Etch decoration of our products:
- Adobe Illustrator (.ai), CorelDraw (.cdr), Encapsulated Postscript (.eps), other formats that should work are .svg, and a .pdf file created with a previously mentioned vector program.
- LASER Engraving and Sand Etching require black and white, vector art. File types that are NOT vector art include; .jpg, .png, .bmp, .tif, .gif, and many others. These are known as bitmap and raster image files. Renaming or embedding a bitmap into a vector file will not convert it. If this is the only type of file you have, we can still help but additional conversion charges may apply.
- Additional processing may be necessary for your vector artwork
- All color needs to be removed, including white.
- Any objects with a black fill will be engraved. Strokes, regardless of color or width will be ignored or cause problems. Strokes should be transparent.
- Objects on top of other objects with the intent to hide part of an underlying object(s) will cause problems and should be removed even though they may appear to match the background (or look to be transparent). These should be knocked out/subtracted from the object they are sitting on top of. Overlapping black objects are a problem and need to be welded/united. Common example: many script fonts overlap where they connect.
- Double check your art in wire-frame view mode.
- Convert all text to curves or provide the font file(s) used in the art.